Monday, May 3, 2010

Why I Shouldn’t Let My Children Watch the Food Network

At first I thought it was kind of cool that my kids like watching the food network, partly because it was what I wanted to watch. But, there is a downside.

My youngest son is by nature a finicky eater to say the least. He is like most kids his age. If it’s pizza, hamburgers, or chocolate, he’s in. When he eats he looks like he’s eating rotten sauerkraut or asparagus.  The funny thing is that he is vain enough to know he doesn’t want to be on Americas Funniest Videos for that.

Now that he has been watching the Iron Chef America when we ask him if he likes his food he sounds like a food critic. My wife made him some homemade macaroni and cheese and he said he didn’t like the texture! When we had chicken he complained that it was a bit too salty for him. The presentation lacked creativity (just kidding on that one). He did believe the left-over rib eye steak from the Black Angus was a little fatty. I thought it was great.

So, be careful what you let your children watch on TV.

Thus saith me.

No comments:

Post a Comment