Friday, May 7, 2010

Uninsured Motorist Scam


My wife and I just went through the process of renewing our car insurance. What a great scam! I have to buy car insurance. And I can purchase uninsured motorist insurance in the event I am hit by another motorist who did not purchase insurance. But wait, there is more! I can purchase (at an additional cost to me) medical coverage also! This is almost as good as the copy machine repair plan scam.

What a great country. No good deed goes unpunished. I obey the law, someone else doesn’t obey the law, and I pay for them. I am the only person who thinks that is crazy? Why should I pay for the person who doesn’t do the responsible thing? Shouldn’t being hit by irresponsible uninsured motorists be part of my regular insurance?

I have been hit buy uninsured motorists. Remarkably they were also undocumented. I am tired of paying for people who don’t pay their own way. Times are tough. I can’t afford to pay for anyone else!

By-the-way, I am opposed to government regulation on just about anything. But, if I am forced by a law to purchase insurance (or any other commodity), then I believe that the price of insurance (or any other commodity) that I must by law purchase, should be regulated by law. I think forcing me to buy insurance coverage helps insurance companies more than it helps me.

If someone does not have insurance, why should it be my responsibility to pay for theirs? Stop the scam!

Thus saith me.

No comments:

Post a Comment