Thursday, May 6, 2010

Enough of the Men Bashing


I am tired of the bumbling stupid male TV characters. For example, the latest Corona beer ad where a guy walks in front of the couple sitting in their beach chairs and the girls looks at the guy walking by, so the boyfriend/ husband/whatever shakes up her Corona. She, oh so smart as she is, reaches over and passes up her beer to grab his and then hands him the bottle opener. She sure out-smarted him.

On the Disney channel, the fathers are all just a bit daft and clueless. If you have kids, you know what I am talking about. The Russo father on The Wizards of Waverly Place and Bob from Good Luck Charlie, for example. The only one with half a brain is Robbie on Hannah Montana. I’m not sure what’s more scary, that I know all these characters or bumbling idiot’s for fathers are the TV norm.

I understand equality and the need for women to be strong, my mom is one tough lady, but, there is great danger in making men look stupid and inferior. 

Unfortunately I have even heard this men bashing from preachers and pastors, (which might explain in part why more women attend church than men). You know, the all men are dogs; they only have one thing on their minds blather. Well, speak for yourself, brother. Some other time I hope to write about the whole women are more spiritual than men myth.

My point or rant is this: If you tell people men are stupid and have no moral control, two things will result. One, women will think all men are dumb and morally deficient (we’re all dogs aren’t we). Two, some men will believe they are and that moral choices are not always possible for them.

Sometimes a laugh is a laugh, sometimes it’s foolish.

It’s time for men to be men and proud of it!

Thus saith me.


No comments:

Post a Comment