Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hold on to your wallets, California!

Joshua Tree National Park: Climbing Jerry Brow...Image via Wikipedia
Well, here we go. Governor Jerry Brown. The man without a plan begins to unveil his plan upon us all. I don't know about the smoke and mirrors but what I heard heir Governor say was not all that hopeful. 

He apparently thinks it will take honesty to tell us all we, as a state and individuals are out of luck. The question of how much we are overspending and supplementing and how "honest" Governor Brown is will let me know how serious he is about rising above HIS ideology. The fact that he brings up new taxes at all tells me he still just a tax and spend liberal.

I seem to recall that during his campaign he mentioned something about living within our means. For me that means that if I don't have the cash, whatever it is I would like to do or purchase (even if it's for my children), it is a big no can do until I have the cash. The problem with politicians, and if Jerry Brown is anything, he's a politician, is that they live off other peoples money. Jerry keeps bringing up the "No new taxes without peoples approval" mantra. That means he will take this year to demonstrate that "he" can't fix the budget by not cutting entitlement programs (because then who will vote for him). Then he will tell us we must raise more money = taxes. There will be (for himself) no other way around it. Californians will be shoveled propaganda about how we need to "sacrifice" and "invest". Never mind that all the investments of the past has proved to be stupid money foolishly spent. Investments produce something. What have the investments of our political leaders been producing? The product so far has been over 1,200,000 Californians have lost their jobs since 2005!

I call on Jerry Brown to take all talk of raising taxes off the table. I call on Jerry Brown to ask the unions that financed his campaign to take the lead in honesty and sacrifice. I call on Jerry Brown to ask the real hard questions like, "How long can California support those who do not work?" I am not talking about people who can not work. Forget the "everybody deserves" stuff. I call on Jerry Brown to ask the real questions about his beloved entitlement programs.

OK Jerry Brown, I am listening and watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment