Friday, January 7, 2011

A Few Things Conservative

Republican Party Handbill, ca. 1880Image by Cornell University Library via Flickr
I am not terribly happy with the Republican party. As a conservative, I tend to vote Republican. But, I am not pleased with many politicians who call themselves Republicans. My issue is not because they the Republican Party is not left enough or more "moderate" or "center." My issue is that the Party seems to respond more to the propaganda and foolishness spewed from the left. If I wanted to be more of a liberal  or progressive (an oxymoron if there ever was one) I would simply join the Democratic party. 

Let me get a few things straight. First of all as a conservative, my rights and your individual rights are of supreme importance. This country was founded on the ideal, which is equally true and meaningful today as it was in the 1700's, each person has the unalienable right to live their life without (or as little as possible) government interference. 

The fruit of my labor is the fruit of my labor, not yours. The fruit of your labor is the fruit of your labor, not mine. In other words, my money is not your money and your money is not my money. Neither is our money the governments money. I do not believe that any individual or government is endowed with the wisdom and benevolence to decide who deserves what. .History has only demonstrated how evil individuals and governments are when given power. If the idea that governments were by nature helpful and just then the United States of America would not have come to be.

To me government is like a gun. A gun can be useful for certain situations, like self-defense and hunting, but in the wrong hands they can do a lot of damage. That is why an individuals rights to his or her own money is so important. Think about Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Welfare. They all sound like nice humane ideals but, they now enslave us. And our elected officials deceive us by borrowing from the money we the people have been forced to "invest" in these scams. So, there is not actual cash, just IOU's in the form of bonds or notes, whatever.

My concern, as a conservative, is that my elected officials are playing god with my money, and your money. they don't earn it, we do. They use these programs as means to buy votes and stay in power. And what are we, as the people getting out of our so called "investments?" Debt and more taxes. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment