Monday, January 3, 2011

Where will our leaders take us?

IMG_0725.jpgImage by matiasjajaja via Flickr
As 2011 begins I wonder where our countries leadership wishes to take us. The frightening reality is that I do not hear much that would lead me to believe that anything will be much different. The president has already begun the we need to raise the debt limit campaign. The Republicans are calling for cuts.  

My problem is that I have heard all this before, my whole life. Yet, government keeps growing and my net income does not, it gets smaller and weaker. My dollar seems to get me less. The government oozes into more and more of my daily life. Just this year California passed some ridiculous laws. The same group of people who can't buy the appropriate nut for a bolt want to regulate gift toys with Happy Meals. Now they want to control the amount of salt I intake. Just how stupid do lawmakers think you and I, average citizens are? Pretty stupid if they believe you and I need them to make decisions about how much salt should we put on our fries!

I don't have to be a great economist or certified public accountant to know that you can't spend more than you make and that you can't have more debt than you can pay for. I also realize that if I am broke, I can't spend money I don't have. I could borrow some money, but, if I don't have the means to pay for it...

The problem ,as I see it, is that my government sees me (and you) as its' means to pay off debt.

So, maybe it's not about where our leadership wants to take us but, what our government and Representatives believe they are entitled to take from us.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment