Friday, October 29, 2010

Potholes, Potheads, and Politicians

A large pothole on a country road.Image via Wikipedia
Happy Friday everyone! I am glad it is Friday, it has been a week full of stuff that needed to be done. On this Friday I was thinking about what I would like to see dealt with and or removed. Maybe call it a Flush it Friday?

Here are three things I would like to see flushed from my life. The first is the every increasing, in number and girth, potholes on the streets I drive each day. There is a new one just outside my driveway smack dab in the middle of the road! Every time I come or I go that pothole must now be navigated. But, that is only one of the growing number of potholes I am noticing. I think city streets are showing the effects of the recession/depression we are in.

The next item on my list of "got to go's"  is the potheads trying to inflict their "need" upon the rest of us. Here in California there is a proposition to legalize marijuana. Only potheads would try to make an illegal substance legal under the guise of stopping the illegal drug trade. It doesn't make sense to me. But, many people didn't think a certain President inhaled... These potheads and their goofy "just make it legal and it won't be illegal any more" agenda must go.

Lastly, I would like to see some politicians make an exit. Just call me Senator Barbara Boxer and her save a fish cripple the farming industry policies must be removed. Jerry Brown and his silly "live within your means and no new taxes without voter approval" con of a platform must go. Live within your means means (for Democrats) no new services and maybe less. No new taxes without voter approval means Jerry Moonbeam Brown will ask Californians to pony up more money (citizens live on less while government lives on more). That is Jerry's plan! Not a good plan for me.

So, Californians, let's flush these things out of our state. 
Happy Flush it Friday!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment