Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Here we Go (Downhill) Again

Michael "Kevin Johnson" Dawson (play...Image via Wikipedia
Late last night I watched Marco Rubio give his acceptance speech for Senator for Florida.  I wish he lived here in California. I had just heard that we here in the formally great state of California had elected Jerry Brown, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, and Jane Harman. My fellow Californians also passed Proposition 25 which changes the vote needed from a 2/3 majority to a simple majority to pass budgets, taxes and stuff. Wow, now the voice of conservatives has no chance to be heard or have any influence because now Democrats won't have to seek compromise, it will be like Nancy Pelosi running the House. Disaster.  My wife has been wanting to move to Florida. It is hard to say no after last night. 

The good news is that at least Republicans took back the House of Representatives and gained some ground in the Senate. Actually the real news is that true conservatives have finally woken up and made their voice heard. For all those racist liberals who called the Tea Party racist I believe the last count I heard last night was that the Tea Party help 11 African Americans get elected. Conservatives are of the common man, regardless of color.

On the whole it was a good night for Conservatives unless, like me you live in California, where we have protected smelt fish, hope for clean air and clean water but no jobs to pay for it.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment