Thursday, August 5, 2010

Same Sex Marriage Forced Upon Us All

Lesbian wedding.Image via Wikipedia
Before I continue my thoughts on The Americas, One Nation, I must say something about the ruling of Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker in California, mu home state. 
Walker, however, found that the gay marriage ban violates the Constitution's due process and equal protection clauses while failing "to advance any rational basis in singling out gay men and lesbians for denial of a marriage license." -Lisa Leff The Associated Press
Due process? Equal protection? Do gay and lesbian people not receive due process when they go to court? In what cases are gays and lesbians denied due process and equal protection? The ones where they are asking to be seen as married, I guess. I don't think that if a gay or lesbian person commits a felony they are denied due process or equal protection because they are gay. Well, maybe under President Obamas' new policy for the armed forces where they must tell. But really, where are they denied due process?

For me the real dangers lie in what people who do not hold their viewpoint may be forced to do. If two gay or lesbian people want to call themselves married, whatever. But to force me to recognize them as such is a different story. Why? Because many churches and denominations believe that a marriage is between a man and a women, because God said so. Now, because the court of popular (is it?) opinion says marriage is between any two people, it is so. At least in the courts it will be so. Will churches be sued for not allowing gay and lesbians membership (although some liberal denominations already are OK with it)? What happens if I don't want my child being taught by someone who forces that opinion on them in class? No freedom for me and my children. Yes, I know it happens because I teach with people who do it now.

There you have it. The liberal anything goes agenda/belief system forced upon us. Freedom? I don't think so.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment