Friday, April 23, 2010

Living Vicariously Through Your Kids

One of the great experiences of being a parent is living your life through your children. Doing things “with” them the things you never did when you were a kid can be quite fulfilling. For me, scouting has been that for me.



Not only do I get to spend quality time with my son and watch him learn a lot of great lessons about life, but I get to “help” him with almost everything. (Yea, I know that pretty soon he’ll want to do it all by himself.) But, I was sucker punched into being the cub master so; now I get to wear one of the cool shirts!



Recently, our pack held the annual pine wood derby. My son won! I am proud to say that HE did do most of the work. The best part was that most of the other dads are engineers (I am in education). I heard a few “nice work man” from them. Sour grapes.



Good job son. Thus saith me

No comments:

Post a Comment