Monday, November 29, 2010

Is Mohamed Osman Mohamud Really a Typical Teen?

GOLDEN AGE CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENTSImage by Zellaby via Flickr
Mixed portraits of Oregon terrorism suspect
Classmates of Mohamed Osman Mohamud, accused of trying to detonate a bomb at a Christmas tree-lighting, describe a typical teen.
That's what the LA Times says. Really? A typical teen. The article further describes this "typical teen."
"The main thing was the way he said he hated Americans," Stull said. "It was serious. He looked me in the eye and had this look in his eye, like it was his determination in life — 'I hate Americans.'  "Stull said he was frightened enough to tell school counselors. School officials could not be reached Sunday. Another former classmate said Mohamud sometimes joked about being a terrorist, and that he had sent a peculiar text message this month."He texted me asking if I knew of any places where he could shoot guns off where nobody would hear," said Alex Masak. "I didn't think much of it. …I assumed he was just messing around with his friends."
In an awful way this does not surprise me given the way I have heard many of my liberal colleagues talk about their country.  I am ashamed to admit that so much anti-Americanism in the name of "open-minded" liberalism is espoused by so many teachers. So, that said, I am not surprised that an immigrant could come to our great country and hate America while enjoying the very freedoms that he condemns.

Thanks to the administrators and teachers at Westview High School for helping him with his rocket propelled grenade launcher project. No, red lights there? What did you do when he expressed hate for Americans?

So, to my liberal friends Mohamed Osman Mohamud is a typical teen. There is a far cry of a difference between hooligans putting M80's in mailboxes and toilets and wanting to kill Americans.  For any liberals out there, Mohamed Osman Mohamud is not a typical teen. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment