Monday, July 19, 2010

I Need Hope

SANTA MONICA, CA - APRIL 15:  Demonstrators ga...Image by Getty Images via @daylife

I don’t think I have been this depressed since watching Pink Floyds The Wall. I read an article in my local fish-wrap this weekend, Don’t count Obama out as he preps for act two, by Charles Krauthammer. 

After describing how Obama has changed over one-sixth of the economy by shoving his health careless bill down our collective throats, Krauthammer explains that the financial bill that will create some 243 new regulations and give government unprecedented power in the financial marketplace. Remember, power does what? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!  Then he discussed the stimulus package that has created “ruinous” deficits that are “not easily reversed.”

I have to just quote at this point. “The result? There just isn't enough to cut elsewhere to prevent national insolvency. That will require massive tax increases - most likely a European-style value-added tax. Just as President Ronald Reagan cut taxes to starve the federal government and prevent massive growth in spending, Obama's wild spending - and quarantining health care costs from providing possible relief - will necessitate huge tax increases.”

But wait, there’s more. Act Two will be “massive regulation of the energy economy, federalizing higher education and "comprehensive" immigration reform (i.e., amnesty) - will require a second mandate, meaning re-election in 2012.”

Here’s the deal, I knew I would not like the policies of then Senator Obama because he is a Democrat. What was hidden from me and American’s Republican, Democrat, and Independent voters alike, was just how far to the left, just how “progressive” (which is an oxymoron if ever there was one) Obama actually is.

So, what will we do as Americans? I am afraid that staunch, entrenched Republican and Democrat politicians  are too concerned with reelection and too deep in political crap to help. I like the Tea Party because they are not controlled by the Republican guard. I don’t like groups like the Coffee Party and whatever they are trying to name themselves because they are just puppets for the Democratic guard.

Who will really work for us?  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment