Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All work and no play…

Everybody needs a little play time. What do you like to do to sort of unwind? Me, I like a few things, golfing, fishing, a good long walk, or even cooking.

I took up fly-fishing a few years ago but, trying to get to a stream or lake that is fishable can make it more of an event than something I can just do on a regular basis. I discovered that people are fly-fishing in the ocean just minutes from where I live. Cool. But, then I needed the proper gear. My patience paid off and I was able to buy everything on line on sale. Nice. Now, I just need to go stand in the surf and start flinging my fly.

My youngest son and daughter are telling me we need to golf. Life is good.

I inherited this gene from my grandfather on my mother’s side that likes to do things from scratch. About six months ago I decided I wanted to learn how to make my own pizza (after shelling out $20 + bucks for one with more than two toppings). Thank you, food channel for an excellent recipe for pizza dough. Kneading the dough is sort of a release for me. As a man I think sometimes I need my hands to be active so my brain can sift through the clutter of the day.

Have some fun, enjoy today.

Thus saith me.


No comments:

Post a Comment