Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Child, My Right to Know

Apparently there was a “crowd” of about 50 people, mostly women at a forum in San Francisco organized by the group NARAL Pro-Choice California. Six democratic candidates hoping to be the next California attorney general were the speakers. According to the Associated Press article by Sudhin Thanawala (Dems speak at abortion-rights forum) “All six candidates said they were opposed to requiring that parents of a minor seeking an abortion be notified.”

Abortion is wrong because life is life and we are all created in the image of God even if we don't believe in Him.

No “state” or government has more right than me as a parent to teach my child right from wrong. (I am a teacher and we can’t do what only parents can do, and that is, love their children, teaching them right from wrong.)

The assumption that some people who want to be in a public office believe that they know better than me what I should do is unbelievably arrogant. But, then again, this is the same group of liberal white people telling people of color that they will “help them”, so it really doesn’t surprise me.

This is the United States of America. Watch out, America! What will these people decide they know better than you next?

MY CHILD, MY RIGHT TO KNOW.

Thus saith me.

No comments:

Post a Comment