Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Black Widows, Geocaching and Family

A Geocaching at Spier's in ScotlandImage via Wikipedia
Happy Wednesday to you all, whether you deserve it or not!

I am on vacation this week and as busy as if I was working a 10+ day. It is all good of course because it is with my family. We have discovered the joys of geocaching.  So, we spent the better part of the day at the Botanic Gardens searching for hard to find little containers with the geocaching symbol on them. We found two caches inside the park itself. We also found some Black Widow spiders. The actual caches were fun because I guess you are not supposed to let non geocachers, also known as muggles, see you make the grab. Of course I, at one point, became impatient and just jumped across a barrier and grabbed the thing. Apparently most people just ignore crazy people who jump into bushes and pull out a container with funny markings. They are probably wondering why anyone needs a GPS device to locate a bush. Oh well, many have thought I was crazy for less.

The best part of course is seeing different sites with the family. While my family and I were traipsing around the Botanic Gardens we were amazed at how big it actually was and how much there is to see. If you get a chance to visit the Botanic Gardens in Rancho Palos Verdes, it is well worth it. Plus, every third Tuesday is free. Usually when you go on a site seeing trip you go, walk around and leave. But, with the geocaching I found an extra level of engagement with the kids. With a preteen in the mix, that is a good thing.

By-the-way, we found two on the way home and then stopped for some well deserved frozen yogurt at Yogurtland.

May you find some fun with your family this summer too!
PTVoice out.


No comments:

Post a Comment