Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No Tax Tuesday 4 26 11 Edition

No New Taxes!Image by macprohawaii via Flickr
Happy No Tax Tuesday to one and all!

I gave my children some money the other day and it was interesting to see what they did with it. They wanted to go spend it! ASAP! My son wanted to go to Toys R Us and my daughter to the mall. It's funny how easy it is to spend "free" money.

A few years ago someone I knew was on welfare and they bought a TV. I told a friend of mine that that bothered me. My friend thought that even people on welfare should be able to have a TV. Really? Welfare money spent on TVs?

I grew up in a culture, which I believe was the culture our country was founded upon, that says, "If a man doesn't work, he doesn't eat." When I (and my brother, sisters and cousins) where 16 we were told, "You pay for your own clothes now. If you want to go somewhere, you may, if you pay with your own money." So, at the age of 16 if we wanted new clothes or to go somewhere we got a job, earned money and began to become independent. We were taught that welfare was only for those who could not work and we should never burden others with our problems. So, when I see someone on welfare who could work spending money, my money via taxes, like for a TV, I have an issue with that. 

Taxes extracted from those who work should be for those who can not work. One reason I despise the liberal ideal of the redistribution of wealth is simple. Why should I have less for my family? Why is someone who does not work  entitled to what I must work for?  

Taxes for TVs? No. Get a job and buy your own.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment