Monday, March 14, 2011

Who's the bully now?

Bullying on IRFE in March 5, 2007, the first c...Image via Wikipedia
It's not that I don't know that bullying is an issue. I work with disciple at a Middle School! I can't tell you the number of phone calls I have had with concerned parents when it comes to bullying. So, you might think that when I read about President Obama speaking out against bullying I would be quite pleased. Actually, I think the President should be more concerned about global bullies like that thug Gadhafi  in the middle east then his future voting block now on middle school campuses.

I have enough trouble with the micro managing knuckle heads in the local district offices who make decisions based on how things would affect their careers rather than what is right or wrong or even what would ultimately teach a particular student what is right or wrong. Why doI need the federal government reaching its' slimy hands way down to us? 

But, hats off to the President for taking such a strong stand on such a crucial global issue. This is a beautiful example of how a President can influence society. It reminds me of the Clinton's anti smoking smoke screen. Taking a stand against smoking and bullying sounds goods and who would disagree except smokers and bullies?  I don't notice any decrease in smokers. I just find them more annoying.

Finally, isn't the current President the biggest bully of them all? He wants to "re-distribute" everyone else's "wealth". He has taken over 1/6 of the economy with Obama-care. Do I have a choice under his plan? Is that really a choice? What are community organizer who hire and direct groups of thugs, I mean "protesters", to go an assail and hassle an opponent into submission but bullies by another name? I ask you, who's the bully?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment