Friday, December 17, 2010

Yes, Christmas Approaches

YONGIN, SOUTH KOREA - NOVEMBER 16:  Penguins d...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
Yes, it is the Holidays. For most everyone I know it can be a very busy and hectic time of year. I love Christmas. I love waking up on Christmas morning to see my children's faces as they check out what might be under the Christmas tree for them. I love stocking stuffers. When I was young, many moons ago, there would always be a tangerine, a comb, a piece of chocolate, and then maybe a Matchbox car or Hot Wheel car. Not a lot, not expense, just something small. We would play with the stocking stuffers until everyone woke up and moms' special Christmas breakfast was ready.

My wife and I have tried to carry on those traditions and add our own. I believe it is most important to remember the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ, God in the flesh coming to save his people. So, we always read the Christmas story from the book of Luke.

To me one of the best memories of the holidays is being with family and friends. One friend of mine has a party of year that he ans his family decide to throw and invite everyone with two days notice the week before Christmas. You know, "I don't know if we are going to do it this year..." So, I am anticipating a call in a day or two. It usually is a lot of fun. They regifting game (some call it the Red Elephant game)  is always great because someone always brings one really goofy one and it gets passed around until the end.

I hope your town has a special Christmas lights area. I love seeing how much effort someone else put into their decorating. I always wonder where they keep it all.

I wish you all a great Christmas. Signing off for now,
PTVoice

No comments:

Post a Comment