Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No Tax Tuesday: Yea Yea Fair Share

WALLET GRAB!Image by Pomax via Flickr
Happy No Tax Tuesday! I work with a bunch suicidal liberals who are always trying to indoctrinate me into the propagandistic left. Just yesterday my union rep (I work in education) was trying to tell me, once again, how the rich needed to pay their fair share. Of course he's not going to be happy with President Obama for agreeing with Republicans on a tax deal. Oh well, he'll get over it.

Here's the deal. The idea that the "rich" do not pay their fair share is based upon...upon what? I don't know. Simple math shows that 10% of $100,000 (= $10,000) is greater than 10% of $50,000 (= $5,000). Now if a person makes $1,000,000...that's $100,000. So, in that sense, the more you make, the more you pay.

I think the idea that fair means just as painful may be what's behind some of my liberal friends thinking. At least that is what is sounds like. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "But the rich don't feel it as much." OK, so what is your point? Is the point of taxation to punish those who make more money than me? Does paying more percentage wise make taxation fair? The rhetoric just sounds so childish to me. So what if someone makes more money than me.

Finally, for the life of me, I can not get a liberal to give me a reasonable answer to why businesses should be taxed and taxed more. The sorry excuse for logic is always that businesses need to pay their "fair share!" Now, my liberal friends can not explain how taxing a business allows it to grow, increase wages and provide more jobs. More taxation on businesses just means more money for an ever growing, less efficient government. How is that fair? It is just foolish, not fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment