Tuesday, June 1, 2010

48 out of 51


I’ve always thought most other people on the road really don’t know how to drive and now I have data to back me up! Before anyone gets all high & mighty and self-righteous on me, so do you. Admit it, you know you do. How many times have you been cut-off by some knucklehead driving with a cell phone in his hand talking or TEXTING, and oblivious to all others around them? How about the nitwit who just sticks his arm out the window and changes lanes without even looking? Which is worse, the driver who turns left with the blinker on right or the guy who doesn’t even use the blinker? Then there is my personal favorite, the “polite” dufus at the four-way stop who, although it is clearly their turn to go waves someone else across and messes up the flow of traffic. Not helpful, just stupid!

My local fish wrap presented the evidence of my inner convictions. GMAC Insurance made public that California was 48th out of 50 states plus the District of Columbia on a test of 20 multiple choice questions. I’m just surprised that we weren’t dead last.

The kicker in the whole deal is that my insurance is higher because I’m driving with idiots.

Thus saith me.

No comments:

Post a Comment