Friday, October 18, 2013

THINGS BAD PARENTS SAY on Flush 'em Friday, the 10 18 13 Edition

Happy Flush 'em Friday! Time to nominate who and/or what needs to be sent right down the old porcelain throne. This week I must do this from the point of view of a 24 year veteran teacher in the second largest school district of these United States of America. 

Parents who say the following...
  • "S/He's a smart kid but..."
  • "Why I am just now hearing that s/he is flunking every class halfway through the semester?" (Good question, why are you acting like you believed your child when they told you they didn't have any home work, for any class, ever?)
  • "I don't know why s/he did that, s/he always been such a nice girl/boy?" (Also spoken by many grandmothers of mass murderers shortly after their arrest.)
  • "Oh, I know, s/he acts like that at home, what can I do?"
  • "I don't know, s/he doesn't come home until 10, 11 o'clock at night." 
  • "Trust me, my son/daughter will never do that again", for the fourth time. 
  • And my all time favorite, "Why are you always calling me?! Call his father, he doesn't have a job, bother him!" 
I better stop before I get mean. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment