Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No Tax Tuesday and the Blame Game 8 16 11 Edition

Dr. Seuss cartoonImage via Wikipedia
Happy No Tax Tuesday! I trust you all are doing well.

As the campaign season edges towards us with the field narrowing I wonder what the dialogue will be like.

My main concern is if the media will allow the left to dictate the debate on everything, especially taxes. Whenever I hear a Democrat use the word or term "investment" I know there will be no positive return for me. 

Let me ask this: What happened to all the "investments" of President Clinton? I seem to remember that the Clinton's placed a tremendous emphasis on Not Smoking. I guess it did little to stop our current President from smoking. 

Way back in the 1960's then President L.B. Johnson pushed threw the Federal Department of Education and a thing called Title I. Quite and investment that has been. No Child Left Behind demanded that if districts and schools received Title I dollars they should prove they were actually helping students progress. Someone described NCLB as Title I with teeth. I work with a ton of Democrats and they all denounced NCLB like it was bill to once again allow slavery. I always remind them it is simply asking schools and districts to show they are using the funds responsibly. 

My simple point is this: will the debate be about blame as President Obama is already heading or will the media hear the public outcry and demand that tax dollars be used reasonably and responsibly or just for the securing of votes to maintain power?

I end with a little poem left on Chuck Norris' site.

It is titled "Dr. Seuss 2011":
I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like White House backdoor deals.
I do not like when they kick the financial can, I do not like this 'YES, WE CAN!'
I do not like their spending sprees. Why can't they get it -- nothing's free.
I do not like their smug replies, broken promises and corruption ties.
I do not like this kind of hope. I do not like it -- Nope nope nope!
DISTRIBUTED BY CREATORS.COM
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment